Sunday, January 08, 2012

Week 1 Grocery List

This week was full of delicious, amazing new foods. And you know what the best part is?  I never had that bloated "oh my gosh I'm SO FULL" feeling.  I felt content.  I didn't feel bad after a meal one single time.  I LOVE having that feeling, knowing I didn't overeat, and I didn't load my body up with high-sodium, high-calorie, high-fat food!  My body certainly thanked me for it! I was down 5.8lbs on the scale this morning!  Drinking plenty of water, being more active (wearing my pedometer again) and being aware of what I'm putting in my body for fuel has made quite the initial impact!!  With that being said, if you'd like to try this weeks recipes, listed below is the grocery list you'll need to take to the store with you to accomplish it! (Please keep in mind, this is only for the main dish, any side dishes you prepare with this are not included in this grocery list)

8oz top sirloin steak
8oz cod fillet (please buy fresh if you have access, if not frozen will do just fine)
6 chicken breasts
8oz salmon fillet (fresh or frozen)
1 bag of 40-55 medium shrimp (cooked)
4 pork tenderloin chops
egg substitute (one container of egg beaters or generic equiv. will do fine)
16oz diced ham
1 "bunch" of green onion
1 green pepper
1 red bell pepper
2 medium russet potatoes
1 medium sweet potato
2 medium vidalia onion
1 small bunch of fresh Italian parsley (or regular parsley if your grocery doesn't stock the Italian version)
bag of carrots
2 bags of spinach
bag of lemons (these are always handy to have around, I buy them every week!)
craisins (you can use any of the "flavored" varieties as well)
1 container of mushrooms (I used sliced)
2 cans of chicken broth (buy reduced sodium)
2 slices of deli-swiss cheese
low-fat ricotta cheese
small bag of shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese (or I recommend a very small block to shred yourself)
Small block of 2% reduced fat cheddar (or lower if you can find it)
can of navy  beans
1 box of cornbread mix
8 small whole grain tortillas (small means fajita sized, nothing bigger!)
2  small cans of tomato sauce
1 can of diced tomatoes

Pantry Staples
These are things I already had in my pantry - and you might too!! If not, please include them in the grocery list:
Paprika
Steak Sauce 
Olive oil
salt & pepper
minced garlic
garlic powder/salt
NoSalt - or other salt-free seasoning alternative such as Mrs. Dash 
Rosemary
Nutmeg
Balsamic vinegar
Fiber One original cereal - this makes a fantastic "breading" substitute
Bay leaf
BBQ sauce
dried minced onions


Please let me know if you've made any of my recipes listed this past week - I'd love to hear about your experience with the dishes - I sure hope you had as much fun in the kitchen, and in your mouth!

No comments: