Thursday, January 05, 2012

Southwest Summer Pork Chops

I could easily picture myself sitting on a patio under the stars dining on the fresh, light, and a hint of spicy dish!  I paired it with a fresh and crispy side salad and fat-free ranch dressing - my palate is wishing for the warm months of summer already!
Southwest Summer PorkChops
1lb boneless center cut pork tenderloin chops
1/4C BBQ sauce (I use a reduced sugar version)
entire lemon's worth of juice (approx 3-4TBSP)
4 tsp chopped dried onions
2tsp dried cumin
1tsp cornstarch
1 tsp chili powder
1t garlic powder
1/2t dried oregano
1/2t paprika
1/4t cayenne pepper

Mix all dry seasonings together, rub on both sides of chops.  In large ziplock back, mix BBQ sauce and lemon juice. Add pork chops.  Let marinate for 1-2 hours in the fridge.  (I did not remember to do this and they still turned out great!) Discard marinade, and here you can either grill them, or bake them at 350* for 25 minutes or until internal temp reaches 160*. Enjoy y'all!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes

No comments: