Monday, February 13, 2012

BBQ Biscuit Cups

These are another comfort food classic in my book.  Paired with some sweet potato fries (I prefer the spicy ones, but Alexia makes some great options including waffle cut - and best of all, they are baked - not fried!)
I could have made these healthier than they already are, but I was running on limited resources, so I made the best of what I had and they turned out GREAT!

BBQ Biscuit Cups
2 cans of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (the cheap 4 pack in the biscuit section)
1lb extra lean ground beef (I used 96%)
1/2-3/4C light BBQ sauce (Kraft makes a good sauce)
5oz reduced fat or fat free cheese. (for this batch I used 2% Velveeta)
typical favorite seasoning (pepper, garlic powder, etc.)

Press biscuits into UNGREASED muffin tin (regular cupcake size)  Press up the side walls of the muffin tin to form a "cup"
Brown ground beef, drain.  Mix in BBQ sauce and seasonings.  Divide evenly amongst the 12 biscuit cups.
Sprinkle with cheese.  Bake according to biscuit instructions. (mine were 400* for 8 min)
Voila! it's just that easy!

No comments: