Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cook Along!!!

Per a good friends suggestion, I am hosting a "cook along."  This is where anyone who wants to participate, cooks the same meal with me, on the same night.  We all take pictures of our final product, and we discuss the dish...ways to improve it, things we'd do differently, etc.  I am SO EXCITED about this - I really hope you''ll be just as excited, and join me on this.  I'll be posting everyone's comments and pictures, so we can compare and contrast.

Now for the good part.....the meal is coming from my Clean Eating cookbook - it's Chicken Parmesan with Pasta.  Please see recipe below - go to the grocery store if you need to - "Cook Along" will be Tuesday night March 20th!

Chicken Parmesan with Pasta
cooking spray
2tsp olive oil
1/2C diced onion (I prefer yellow, but use whatever you like best)
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced (or 4-5 if you're a garlic lover like I am!)
2tsp dried oregano
1 28 jar of crushed tomatoes (organic if you can find it!)
1Tbsp organic tomato paste
1/2 C whole-wheat panko bread crumbs (you can make your own whole wheat bread crumbs from toasted bread put in a food processor)
1Tbsp grated reduced-fat parmesan cheese
1/2tsp dried thyme
1/4tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 (4oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1" thickness
1Tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
8oz cooked whole wheat penne pasta (8oz is the dry weight, but please cook the pasta :)  )
1/4C chopped fresh basil

Many of these things will probably be pantry staples.  If you can't afford to go buy some of this stuff, make due the best you can with what you have.  I don't want anyone breaking their bank over this!  Can't wait to talk to you all Tuesday morning when I'll post the recipe!

No comments: