Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cobb Salad

A bit of an update.  I've now lost 17.2lbs since January!! Kicking butt and taking names.  I've been on a bit of a salad kick lately, so I decided to whip up this tasty - ohsoawesomeforyou - Cobb salad.  I also passed on the blue cheese and made up a balsamic vinaigrette to drizzle on top of it - YUM SAUCE!!!

Cobb Salad w/Chicken
1 chicken breast (cooked in skillet w/cooking spray, chopped into 1"squares and set aside)
head of lettuce (I chose red leaf lettuce, but feel free to use green leaf or romaine)
1 avocado peeled, seeded, and chopped into squares
1 large tomato chopped
3 carrots grated
1 cucumber grated or chopped
6 eggs hardboiled - yolks removed
1/4C low-fat feta cheese per serving (I set this aside because my husband doesn't like feta...he's a wierd-o, I know.)

Assembling the salad is self explanatory.  This is what mine looked like before I added egg whites and chicken:
Now, to make vinaigrette:
2tsp extra virgin olive oil
1tsp honey
1tsp Dijon mustard
3TBSP balsamic vinaigrette
1 clove garlic minced
whisk together, drizzle over salad once on plate (this serves approx 4)

Add the chicken, add the egg whites - VOILA!  I had to hold myself back from using my fork as a shovel. No lie.

No comments: